Maintenance Technician I
Maintenance Technician I
Property Management Maintenance
Community Manager / Maintenance Supervisor
Primary job responsibilities include performing hands-on maintenance including overall inspection, repair and general maintenance of apartments and other interior/exterior areas in accordance with company policies and procedures, Safety manual and OSHA. Ensures completion of assigned maintenance activities. Under the direction of the Community Manager, Director of Operations or Maintenance Supervisor functions as a team player of the general maintenance staff.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Experience / Knowledge:
A high school diploma or GED is required. A minimum of one year verifiable hands-on maintenance experience in plumbing, electrical, and carpentry is necessary. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to pass Level I maintenance exam with a score of 70% or better.
Licenses / Certifications:
Valid driver’s license and good driving record along with auto insurance required.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
Ability to use hand tools normally used in construction, maintenance and landscaping including all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping essential job functions. Power tools including but not limited to circular saw, power drill, bench grinder, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, chain saw, key machine, paint sprayer and power floor cleaner. Use of motorized vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists and maintains inventory of parts and supplies and performs routine maintenance on tools, equipment, and supplies. Maintains shops and storage areas in a clean, organized, and safe condition.
- Participates in and completes scheduled preventative maintenance program items.
- Inspects the property to ensure that the highest standards are maintained at all times. Keeps supervisor informed of any possible liability issues and any items requiring attention or repair and recommends solutions.
- Locates and has knowledge of location map for electric, water, and gas shutoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants.
- Assists and performs all aspects of the property’s maintenance, including grounds, housekeeping, preventative, corrective, deferred, and emergency maintenance.
- Completes normal service requests within 24 hours ranging from, but not limited to, the areas of heating/air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, and general maintenance. Completes the service request ticket including date, start and finish time, etc. and submits to the office daily upon completion.
- Prepares vacant apartments including, but not limited to, painting and general maintenance. Completes rent ready checklists and returns to supervisor upon completion.
- Removes debris from gutters and downspouts and maintains in good repair and condition. Performs roof repairs.
- Repairs structural wear and damage to buildings.
- Maintains exterior and common-area lighting. Inspects all common area and exterior lighting on a weekly basis and completes lighting log.
- Cleans and repairs parking areas, sidewalks, and common areas; participates in snow removal in accordance with company snow removal policy. Assists in the care of lawn, trees, shrubs, flowers, and other landscape features as assigned.
- Performs pool upkeep within jurisdictional guidelines and ensure that the daily log is maintained, and pool sample submitted weekly to the Health Department.
- Assists in the general upkeep and appearance of the community; picks up litter on the grounds when walking in any area, including cigarette butts and animal waste.
- Follows all OSHA guidelines according to the property Safety Manual.
- Participates in an emergency on-call schedule for after-hours coverage of the property. As stated in the employee handbook, employees are prohibited from reporting to work under the influence of alcohol, drugs, and narcotics.
- Assists other properties in the portfolio as needed with approval of Community Manager, Director of Operations or Maintenance Superintendent.
- Supports and complies with company policies and procedures as well as additional directives issued by the Central Office.
- Completion of all required Grace Hill training.