Corporate Office – Champaign, IL
Processes financial data, including, but not limited to, accounts payable invoices and property account receivable information, generated by on-site personnel. Maintains accounting records and prepares monthly financial statements for apartment operations as well as the other entities managed by the Champaign Office. Trains employees on the use of MRI accounting software. Performs other general accounting duties. Reasonable or limited use of your vehicle may be required from time to time. Assists Regency in pursuit of its mission.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Experience / Knowledge:
Knowledge of accounting normally acquired by a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Ability to maintain accurate accounting records. Must be able to type 30 wpm, proficient with a 10-key calculator, and working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software. Ability to communicate information to others both verbally and in writing.
Licenses / Certifications: Valid driver’s license and good driving record along with auto insurance required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks coding, property authorization and receiving signatures, packing slips, and match-up of contracts when applicable, for accounts payable invoices. Checks pricing, extension and footing of accounts payable invoices. Inputs appliance and other unit information from invoices into MRI unit file. Inputs and pays accounts payable invoices.
- Prepares monthly financial statements, including budget comparison, by making necessary journal entries to the general ledger; reviewing apartment operations accounting records including lease information and resident account receivables; reviewing open account payable items for accuracy; and updating depreciation schedules.
- Pays quarterly partnership distributions to partners, if assigned.
- Maintains an accurate and current balance in checkbooks; notifies the Controller of cash shortages or excessive checking account balances, and prepares transfer checks from property deposit checking accounts to holding company checking accounts.
- Manages monthly Mastercard reports, ensuring proper coding to the general ledger and timely payment.
- Trains employees on use of MRI accounting software.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Updates past resident receivable listing from SOD’s and checks received; periodically obtains authorization to remove inactive names from list.
- Monitors vendor general liability and workers’ compensation insurance certificates to assure current coverage, if assigned.
- Monitors water income and billing as well as other utility bills for reasonableness, if assigned.
- Prepares work papers in connection with audits.
- Handles all bill paying and record keeping for Old Farm Lake Association, if assigned.
- Maintain certain LUP schedules and reports to Executive Committee, if assigned.
- Coordinate the collection of tax ID numbers from vendors as needed for 1099 information.
- Various projects as assigned by Controller and/or V.P. Finance and Accounting including maintaining daily, monthly, and annual filing; reviewing checks prepared by others before they are forwarded to authorized check signer; taking deposits to bank; and making other outside office deliveries as needed.
- Completion of all required Grace Hill training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.